Saturday 8 August 2009

A day at the beach

It's a sunny day here in Hampshire, Kev and I took a trip to Hayling Island, along the coast, on his motorbike, we walked along the pebble beach, sat in the shade drinking coffee, now back at home I wanted to show you my mini beach house.



This was a project two years ago with a mini club, it's my first attempt and as with all project's, it's not finished. I like to look for items, I have tried to make it retro, as a child my parents never hired a beach hut. But along the coast where we live there are rows of huts and each sunny day people stay untill late making the most of the fine weather.


My two ladies, were given to me, I normally do not have dolls, but the young lady in her cosi finished the scene. The older lady is sat on the bench, she is resting with her dog, before walking back to her home. I chose the pale blue for the outside, most of the huts locally have to be painted dark green. There are loads of birds here, seagulls, ducks a blue tit at the feeder and on the other side of the hut is a swallow making a nest.


I love the front porch, it's very cluttered, but that is often the case, on the deck chair a book has been left. Underneath there are a box of tissues, Maltesers and a can of drink, the flip flops have been kicked off.

In each corner is a hardy plant,

This view from the top shows the treasures stored inside. beach toys, a blanket for if the day gets cool. On the sideboard food and a flask of hot coffee. I love the set of three flying birds on the back wall. The owners of the hut love all types of birds.

The sideboard has seen better days,
it should have been thrown away but found it way into the hut.

The bench was had made to fit into the hut,
the children have been to the shops and have rock for later.
The cat rug finishes the scene off.

I hope you like my beach hut, it was fun to make and I have enjoyed sharing my story with you.

Another busy weekend here, we are off to a car boot sale tomorrow morning,
selling loads of things we no longer use.
Tomorrow evening we are going to marwell Zoo,
with our daughters, Steve and Josh, its a twilight tour,


4 comments:

  1. Your little beach hut is darling! I love the old sideboard! Glad you didn't throw it out!
    The beach ball pillow fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so very cute! I love miniatures! You mentioned on my blog a few months ago that you were new to tatting. I hope it is going well for you! It might be possible to make some miniature tatted doilies for your little places with small enough thread (size 80 or 100).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beach house Marlene and your story. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bonita la casa de la playa, la historia, me ha gustado, conservela.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friendly Bloggers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails